2016-2022 Can Am Defender 1000 ECU Power Flash
The Can Am Defender is an awesome sport/utility/work vehicle. EVP has worked their magic and through tuning and exhaust components and have achieved significant horsepower gains through timing, fueling, torque limit modifications, rev limits, speed limits, etc. We also build additional safety into our tune by lowering the fan on temperature.
The OEM fan on temperature is is too high (well over 200 deg F). In addition the fan on/off temperatures can be set for each customer depending upon where they live and the conditions typically ridden in. Other great features are added and/or changed to enhance the drivability and fun factor of the vehicle. Evolution Powersports has vast knowledge of the Can Am Bosch ECU and Can Am V-twin engine as we were one of the only companies that tuned the original Maverick 1000.
We have brought this expertise to the Defender market to extract the most performance from the vehicle as possible with just bolt on parts and tuning. Your ecu can be sent to our Somerset WI facility for reprogramming or you can also have your ECU Programming completed by one of our Flashing Dealers (see Dealers section for a list of dealers with flash capability). Evolution Powersports always makes it easy to upgrade your tune in the future - you only pay for the difference in tune cost plus shipping. Plus if you ever need the vehicle returned to stock for warranty purposes, we will flash it back to stock, and put the tune back in it after dealer service for free! You only pay for shipping.
- Improved Throttle Response in all Modes
- (E-Gas Settings Improved)*
- Speed Limits Raised / TQ Limits Removed in Low & High Gear
- High and low gear rev limit increased
- 100% Throttle
- Improved ignition timing advance optimized for 91 Octane for maximum power
- Revised Fan Temperature Settings
- Engine Speed TQ Limiters removed ("Shaft Saver delete")
- Fueling is Corrected for the Various Stages so No Fuel Controllers are Needed
- V-Max Raised
- Left Foot Braking Enabled for 2-Foot Operation